A day will come when you will need to take out your packagings and raw materials stocks. Maybe your packaging and raw materials stocks are already outside. It is highly recommended to protect your stocks.
Discover which solutions exist and how to choose the right storage solution for packagings and raw materials.
Three packagings and raw materials storage solutions
Three solutions are available to store your packagings and raw materials:
- Build a traditional building
- Set up a modular building
- Externalise the packagings and raw materials storage
After identifying these three solutions, a majority of us focus on the search of advantages and disadvantages that offer each solution.
Yet, our advice is not to focus on the advantages and disadvantages that offer each solution.
Four questions to ask yourself
As it is not recommended , to first, focus on the advantages and disadvantages that offer each solutions mentioned earlier , you should ask yourself these four important questions:
1. Do you have enough space?
To estimate the space that you need on your industrial site, you can look on Google Earth or just go out in your parking lot and look carefully at your industrial site.
Then you can ask yourself the following question: Do you have land reserve?
- You have land reserve; a traditional building or a modular building is perfect.
- You only have a few parking spots to optimize on your industrial site : the modular building is the solution
- You do not have any space on your industrial site : you have to outsource the storage of your packagings and raw materials.
2. What kind of products you have to store?
You will find the solution doing research on the regulatory constraints linked to your products.
3. What reactivity do you expect and when do you want to carry out your operation?
The question that you should ask yourself imperatively is: What reactivity do you expect and when do you want to carry out your operation?
The quicker you have to go in your process, the less fitted the traditional building solution is. That is why the modular building solution or the outsourced storage solution is the best solution.
4. What will be the delivery flow to insure with the production?
It is customary to say that the customer is king. Indeed, it is essential not to forget that customers expect to be delivered quickly and in perfect timing.
You always have to anticipate the delivery flow on your industrial production site.
To conclude, if you have to take out your packagings and raw materials stocks, do not panic. This article was probably useful to identify which solution is more adapted to your situation.
Need additional information ? Contact one of our experts.